Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My experiences with Social Networking

To date, my experiences with social networking have been enlightening but I am still skeptical about the exposure this brings to someone's life. For example, I would love to share the interactions and experiences with my daughter that I have filmed, but I would NEVER put her image or anything about her on social media sites for fear of exposing her to unwanted attention.

I have come to learn that although I find my life quite boring and nothing much to talk about, there is someone, somewhere that has something in common and would start a dialogue; someone who I would probably never speak with in day to day life.

All in all my experiences have allowed me to put some of my negative connotations abouts social networking to rest. I see the benefits of this from an educational standpoint and have enjoyed exploring my options of communication with people all over the world.

1 comment:

Shannon Houston said...

I agree with your hesitation. I'm still curious regarding legitimacy of blogs.. I couldn't imagine myself getting too involved simply because you never know who is providing the commentary and what their intentions are. Our blogs for this class are innocent and simple, but I've read a lot of stuff on blogs that simply isn't true. When people subscribe to that as truth without investigating on their own, it can be a frightening situation!

That said, I'm adding my commentary to your blog ;) I think you commented on the instructional video I posted, and yes it is me. I like to think of that as my triumph over motion-sickness!!